This cake is adapted from Divine Taste. It is one great blog to look into and i am a fan of a lot of her cakes and cookies. This cake is a major hit in my house. The aroma just fills the whole house as it bakes and everyone will be just waiting to dig in. The goodness of banana and the chocolate burst from the choc-chips makes this one fantastic cake to keep making.
Here's how i make it.
1 Cup - Plain Flour
1 Tsp - Baking Powder
1 Tsp - Baking Soda
1/2 Cup - Brown Sugar
1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup - Canola Oil
2-3 Ripe - Bananas
1/4 Cup - Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven at 180 degree Centigrade
- Lightly grease a 2" by 6" Square baking pan and keep aside
- Sieve all the Dry ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside
- Grind the Sugar and Cooking Oil in the blender till well combined
- Add Banana to the Sugar-Oil mixture and run the blender till its nice and smooth
- Add the Vanilla Essence and stir in the Dry ingredients into the blender, run it till its well blended
- Blend the Chocolate-Chips into the batter and pour the whole content into the greased baking pan.
- Bake the cake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
Allow the cake o cool for around 10 minutes and enjoy a truly delicious cake. You can use whole flour, if you want a more loaf-like kinda cake. It all up to you to tweak around to your liking. Enjoy!!