Thank God for a loving and understanding better-half :). This weekend my hubby took care of all the khana-peena...it is mighty exciting to have a husband who loves you and who dish out yummy food..:D, it makes you dangle your feet like a giddy teenager in love..ha..ha.
To show my overflowing love and happiness i decided to bake the one&only biscuit he is crazy about, Pune's famed biscuit, the one and only Shrewsbury biscuit. As the sweet and buttery aroma filled up the house, I kid you not when i tell you that my dear hubby was like a little puppy waiting for his bone, he could not wait for these goodies to be baked:). It was great to see the little boy in him surface.
This biscuit is a traditional English biscuit with it's origin from Shrewsbury, a town in the British Midlands, the birthplace of the very famous Charles Darwin. A modified version of this biscuit is made in India, Pune is know for this baked goodness and i must say...this is a must bake if you are a butter loving person and my husband is...:D Here's the recipe.
Butter - 1/2 Cup
Sugar - /2 Cup
Plain Flour - 1 Cup
Egg - 1
Yup....that's all the ingredients you need. It is super easy to make and deliciously lovely to eat.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees Centigrade. Grease and line two baking trays
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer till smooth
- Now add the egg in to it and blend till well combined
- Add the flour sifted flour into the butter mixture and mix till well combined
- Take out the gummy batter on to a steel plate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then take enough batter and roll it into a ball, like you would while making chapatti, flatten it in your palm and put it on the prepared baking trays, spacing it well
- Flatten it further with the back of an oiled spoon and bake it in the preheated oven for 16 minutes, or till the sides are lightly browned.
Incase you happen to bake this yummilicious goodness after reading this post, do let me know :).