My family is one of those that HAS to eat pancake for breakfast at- least once :). I love it, hubby loves it and our Oh-So-Restless toddler also loves it :).
If you're wondering, what is the need for posting a plain old pancake recipe??? Well because i did goggle to make my first pancake and so this recipe is for that someone like me who wants a quick-to-fix but really good kinda food. This recipe is the most basic recipe for pancake and so you can experiment around with various fruits of your choice. This family though enjoys having it in it's plain-jane style because hubby dearest is really not keen on having his cakes mixed with fruits or vegetables;(.
Making this is as easy as eating it so it's win-win all the way. Here's the recipe for this quickie breakfast.
2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp - Baking Powder
2 - Eggs
1/4 - 1/2 Cup - Sugar
1/2 Tsp - Salt
1 Cup - 1 1/2 Cup - Milk
2 Tbsp - Butter
1 Tsp - Vanilla Essence
My family consume less sugar and salt by choice, so do add or decrease sugar quantity according to your preference. Here's how i make it...
- As with any cake sieve the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside
- Melt butter and keep aside
- Beat the eggs till its creamy. Then add sugar and milk and mix till well combined
- Mix the wet and the dry. Using a hand held blender run the batter till it's smooth.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla essence to the batter, run it once to incorporate it
- Heat up a flat pan at medium-low and grease the pan once
- Taking a ladle spoon the batter on to the hot pan a spoon at a time
- Once the edges starts to brown and the top facing you is all bubbly and begin to dry up, flip to the other side let it cook for a minute then take it off from the pan on to your plate and enjoy
A drizzle of maple syrup over the hot-hot cake and you are one happy person. We mostly and inevitably have this on Mondays when everyone tends to wake up late and breakfast needs to be a quickie :).
If you are also one pancake pot...high five to you :)