Eggless Maple Syrup Cookies


Baked these beauties today, and my goodness...how it melts in your mouth. My hubby was all haapy to be dunking these yummies into his mouth especially the heart one ;). Ah! the joy of  baking! 

I adapted this recipe from my first and only follower smart-snacks..ha..ha. I did not expect anyone to be looking up my blog, but here she was, and boy am I glad because I got this marvelous recipe.

Am gonna be baking 2-3 batches again tomorrow to be sent to my lil' brother whose in University, as he's not gonna be home this weekend. Any reason to bake is good :). So, here's my rendition of the new favorite in the house.

Ingredients:
1 Cup - All purpose Flour
1/3 Cup - Veg' Oil (i used sun flower oil)
1/3 Cup - Mayple Syrup
1/4 Tsp - Baking Powder
1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
Pinch - Salt

Method:
  1. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius
  2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and keep aside
  3. Combine oil and mayple syrup in another bowl, mix well and then add the teaspoon of vanilla extract
  4. Pour the wet ingredients on to the dry ingredients and mix well till well combines using a wooden spoon or a plastic spatula. Mind you, it's gonna be a pretty soft batter
  5. On a flat plate, I used steel plate, spread the cookie dough as flat as you can with your palms ensuring that it's not too thin*
  6. Using a cookie cutter, cut out what ever shape you want
  7. Roll up the remaining batter between your palms, them roll it into a cylindrical, like a sausage :), chop it up into ball of your size, place it on the baking tray, press it lightly with a fork
  8. Bake these yummies for 12 to 16 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
As you can see, making it is as easy as eating it up :D. Happy Weekend! and Keep on Baking! Cheers!

*This is because the dough is too soft and sticky to be rolled out using the rolling pin

Comments

  1. Woooooo..........I am overwhelmed.......never really thot someone would try one of my recipes so soon . I am totally floored. But yes I must say whoever gets to taste these cookies cannot stop eating them . I just happened to send a box full to my family in India & ever since my sister has been asking if there is some one flying in again ( and I know what she wants) lol...........Thanks a ton for trying .
    I would like to invite you as a guest on my blog & we can post one of your recipes or one of my recipes that you try from my blog( maybe maple syrup cookies- lol) Choice is your's ...........

    Happy Baking........Keep Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guest posting...ywa..that sounds fun:D and btw cookies did not last one evening:) Every last bit is gobbled up. Thanks for the recipe again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the 180 degrees, C or F?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! It's in Celsius. I'm sorry I missed that out in the post. Made the correction. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Delighted to be sharing some l-o-v-e from my kitchen with you. If you tried any of my recipe, tag me @pancuisine on Instagram and hastag it #pancuisinerecipe
Cheers!

Popular Posts