Lately I'm addicted to baking cookies i must confess :). It use to be 2 and even 3 cakes in a week not so long ago but now cake baking is restricted to 'on-demand' mode ;) and it's trays of cookies from this experimental kitchen......
Today's cookie recipe is born out of the need to use up a bag of molasses that has been sitting in the pantry for a long time. Thankfully this new entry was well received in the house...and so i decided to enter the recipe here today.
The cookie batter will be crumbly but fret not! It'll come out just fine, infact great from the oven. Since it is spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, the whole house will be engulfed by the sweet aroma as it bakes. Here's how this one goes...
1 Cup - All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup - Molasses (grated)
1/2 Cup - Veg' Oil
1/4 Tsp - Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp - Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp - Baking Soda
1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
A Pinch - Salt
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and keep aside
- Preheat oven at 180 Degree C
- Grease 2 baking trays and keep aside
- Add the remaining ingredients into the flour mixture and mix it up with your hand
- When it is well combined, smoothen it into a ball and keep it aside covered for 5-10 minutes
- Take enough batter to make a regular sized cookie, flatten and shape it round on your palm and arrange it on the prepared baking trays, ensuring you leave enough space for the cookies to expand ( and it will, don't be fooled by the crumbly texture)
- Once all the batter is used up, bake it for 12 minutes
- Allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes, loosen the cookies using a spatula and enjoy this sugar cookie
Store the cookies in an airtight container. It is best when paired with green tea. Enjoy!!