Today was my sis-in-law's (SIL) birthday and so i baked her a Fizz Pound Cake taking the opportunity to tick off another one from my 'got to bake' list. I need new inspiration especially when a birthday is around, and get a major kick out of baking a birthday cake for a loved one.
My SIL is one sweet-silly-wacko-girly-gurl...very warmhearted, generous and a chatterbox. I love to bake birthday cakes that define the person in some way, and fizz totally suited my SIL's person and so the decision was made and i baked her a Sprite Pound Cake and frosted it with butter-cream. Here's the recipe...
2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1 Cup - Veg' Oil
1 Cup - Sugar
3 - Eggs
1/2 Cup - Sprite
1 1/2 Tsp - Lime Concentrate (i used Dabur's Lemoneez)
- Preheat oven @ 180 Degree C, grease two baking trays and keep aside
- Sieve flour and keep aside
- Cream sugar and oil using a hand held blender
- Add eggs one at a time to the sugar-oil mixture
- Add the flour a little at a time and ensure it's well blended
- Now pour in the sprite and lime juice and give it a good mixing
- Pour the cake batter into the two prepared pans and bake it for 20 minutes
- Once done, cool it on the rack while you get the frosting ready
For the Butter Cream Frosting:
Cream 1 Cup butter and 21/2 Cups sugar with 2 - 3 Tbsp milk and 1 Tbsp fresh cream. Add 1 Tsp of dry food color (optional) of your choice and mix it up well. If the frosting is too thick to spread, add milk a tbsp at a time till you get the correct consistency.
I made a 3 layered cake, as you can see in the picture above. It was good!! The birthday girl loved it:). That's all that matters EOD right???? I had fun baking it and assembling it and she and the rest of the family had fun eating it....Happiness... :):)