Inkampoi/Stink bean/ Parkia Chutney ~ Self-love on Valentine's Day

The spouse did go out of his way to make breakfast for me this morning, and then left for work.  He's kind and loving like that.  This post is not about what I did for him in return, It's about love for self๐Ÿ˜„ It's required....yaaaassss.  With this in mind, I'm sharing the journey of patience and endurance in getting to enjoy this beautiful and super-duper spicy Inkampoi chutney ~ ultimate Valentine's Day treat.



Like I mentioned, making this chutney is a labour of love; and like The Big Book said it demands patience.  You need gentle hands when handling/cleaning/shaving/ tender stink beans.  I used a special cleaner sent by my mom many, many moons back.  Yes, it is an heirloom in the truest sense.  My son's wife will inherit it one day๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


As an lternative, you can use metal tongue cleaners.  Make sure all the green bits are removed, else your chutney will be bitter and a wasted effort.


Once cleaned, slice it up and pour boiling water over it, cover and keep it aside (let it stew the bitterness away).  In the meantime, get the triune factor happening: the raja chilli, the ngari and the garlic.  




Bind it with some salt and pound it into an unseparable paste. Yum! Yum! already!!



Now, drain the stink beans -- you'll get a nice whiff as you're draining it๐Ÿ’“ Mix the chutney paste and the stick beans.  Chutney is ready.


Love does not boast, buttttt, my, oh my, this chutney is hawt, hawt, hawt and soooo good.  Three plates down, just like that๐Ÿ˜‹

Note: It will burn. Have a bowl of curd ready for instant cooling. Yipeee!!

Comments

Popular Posts